He was born in Vercelli on 10th October 1929, where he lives.
He got his degree in civil engineering at the University of Genoa in 1959; he obtained the professional qualification to practice during the first session of the year 1959; he enrolled in the engineer register of the Province of Vercelli in 1959 (nr. 246).
He has been working as a professional since 1959, dealing with the design and management of public and private works:
- Director Of Saint Andrea Hospital, in Vercelli, from 1965 to 1970;
- Consultant of the Engineer register of the Province of Vercelli, from 1968 to 1972;
- President of the Engineer register of the Province of Vercelli, during these two-years periods: 1972-1974; 1976-1978;1980-1982;
- Vice President of the Engineer register of the Province of Vercelli during these two- years periods: 1974-1976; 1978-1980;
- INARCASSA Delegate for the Engineers of the Province of Vercelli, from 1990 to the present day;
- President of the Tributary Commission for Evaluation of the Province of Vercelli from 1968 to 1972;
- Member of the Tributary Commission (II Level) of the Province of Vercelli from 1972 to 1996;
- Member of the Tributary Commission of Piedmont from 1996 to 2004;
- 1995 First Refresher Course about the activities of technical advisers, experienced experts, and about constructions arbitrate for the Polytechnic University of Milan Building Engineering and Territorial Systems Department;
- 1998 Course in traditional Arbitrate and general Arbitrate at A.S.F.I.M. Azienda Speciale della Camera di Commercio di Vercelli (Special Department of Chamber of Commerce of Vercelli).